Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, December 16, 2012

What the Hell is "A Beautiful Mess"


So, I thought I would take the time to explain the title of this Blog, of  course most people would assume that it has something to do with the authoress (That would be me) but it’s really an analogy for the struggles of daily life that we face as well how the society we live in is structured. Keep reading and you’ll understand.


Yesterday I had the fortunate time to spend with a special friend of mine, who is one fourth of the awesome Hip Hop group Clear Soul Forces, and inevitably we have interesting discussion about life, music, and few life lessons.  I asked him a simple question about how to be true to yourself given the times that we live in and all of the chaos that seems to be penetrating all parts of this world. What followed was a passionate and fruitful conversation about  HOW to do that. I’m big on the HOW when it comes to problem solving, only because if you don’t know  what actions  you need to take, you just stay suck. Anyway, he basically summed it up and  said “You have to become Neo” and of course I’m like what the hell is that supposed to mean? Taking a reference from the movie the Matrix,  of course I figured out that it means you  as an individual have to know yourself and be able to navigate  through this Beautiful Mess of a world. IF YOU DON’T, I PROMISE YOU WILL get sucked into the fallacy of the TRUTH. Truth lies within, it’s up to you to find out 1. How to access it and 2. how to use is to  grow, share, and learn. “ Expand by Demand” is one of my personal mantras, because I demand that I always strive to better myself. If you’re not constantly improving yourself then you are standing still, NOT progressing and watching everything move by trying to figure out what to do.  

I run into people all the time at work (and not just clients), at school, or even family members who say they want to do better with this or that in their life, but I often wonder if they know what it takes or are the blindly following “The Lotta People” as my friend  Emile says.  I genuinely feel that they do want to change, but I just don’t think they know HOW to do that, especially when the odds are stacked against you.  What I mean by that is success is attainable but you have to know how to navigate through all the systems in this country.  Let’s see there the health care system,  the financial system, school systems, and oh I can’t forget the lovely social welfare system, but all of them are flawed. Don’t get sucked into the system  and don’t follow the “Lotta People”.   Learn to question and decide for yourself, but mostly importantly learn to work within the system. EMPOWER YOURSELF  I know that’s easier said than done, but I am always the eternal optimist so check out the Fela Kuti video below.





I’m big on music and not just what they play on the radio! The title of this song is “Water Get No Enemy”  and in it the "water" is the Nigerian common people. The Government/Military must not make enemies of the populous, nor disturb their "flow" (endeavors & routines)- as it is dangerous to make an enemy of the country's most essential resource. The people make everything happen . The lyrics are very meaningful, water is an essential element to live and daily living. Even if water causes you  great harm (flood, drowning, etc), you still need it. You still have to navigate through the system of how life operates.

T'o ba fe lo we omi l'o ma'lo
If you wan to go wash, na water you go use

T'o ba fe se'be omi l'o ma'lo
If you wan cook soup, na water you go use


T'o ri ba n'gbona o omi l'ero re
If your head dey hot, na water go cool am

T'omo ba n'dagba omi l'o ma'lo
If your child dey grow, na water he go use

If water kill your child, na water you go use
T'omi ba p'omo e o omi na lo ma'lo

If you found this at all helpful please share, comment, and/or tweet!

1 comments:

  1. Very impressive. Enjoyed your article. KCP

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample Text