Pages

Ads 468x60px

Friday, December 14, 2012

Getting to Know Her


I thought I would make this first post more about me, but this blog will focus on a collective of topics pertaining to anything from Self Empowerment to fashion, and health. And of course there will be a rant or two I'm sure.  I just started blogging and I think I’m becoming addicted to it but  at my regular 9-5 job or, “rat race” as I sometimes refer to it sometimes, I’m a professional problem solver. LOL ok really I’m a Social Worker, but still a professional problem solver. You name it and I can guarantee I’ve seen and heard it all. Reality is right in front of us at any given time and I get to see it up close.  And I’m not one of those Social Workers that remove kids, I actually work to help prevent children going into the system and we work the families to help them do that. That’s why I say I’m a professional problem solver, the problems that citizens from low socioeconomic  situations face runs the gamut and they are not always easily solved. I’ll save my soap box speech and opinions about how we treat other people in this country for another time. However, from time to time I will share self help information, provide resources, and hopefully get some of your brains churning about a few things!
One thing is for sure, as corny as this may sound there is one thing I believe in truly:

The Golden Rule “Treat others the way that you want to be treated”  

 Let’s see what else, oh I have a B.A. in Psychology and wrapping up a Masters degree in counseling.  I’m single, 31 and always captivating J I love books, Barnes & Noble, shoes, make up and all that other girly crap.  I like to shoot & go to the gun range to relieve stress, kickboxing and pool are some of my favs too! My interests are actually pretty varied as you can see. One of my ultimate goals is to go sky diving, so I’ll keep you posted!


 
P.S. If you want to know how I'm GETTING OUT OF THE RAT RACE, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample Text